Laundry Part Time
Last Updated: 31/03/2020
Grace Healthcare are currently recruiting for a part-time Laundry Assistant position in St Gladys Nursing Home, our facility in Harold's Cross, Co. Dublin. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a progressive environment and further your career and training in the healthcare field. Candidates must be highly motivated and interested in working in care of the elderly. All successful candidates must ensure that the highest standards of work are delivered.
This is a part-time position (3-4 shifts per week), and flexibility is required. Shifts will generally be from 12:00-18:00pm.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment. Refers special technical problems to Hygiene Manager for repair/renewal by outside contractors.
- Ensures that the laundry moves strictly from dirty to clean areas.
- Ensures that infectious linens/clothing is laundered separately to non-infectious.
- Ensure that patient’s clothing is properly sorted and placed on the correct resident’s laundry shelf marked accordingly.
- Ensure that shelves are up-dated when no longer required by the resident or when new residents arrive at the home.
Required Skills/Ability to:
- Obtain and see to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to perform a task.
- Operate applicable specialized equipment.
- Use cleaning agents, products and equipment.
- Use professional laundry equipment,
- Perform a variety of general maintenance activities.
- Manoeuvre mechanized equipment.
- Sort, load, wash, dry, sanitize, iron and fold cloths and/or linens.
Candidates must be currently residing in Ireland.