Experience the difference high quality, compassionate care makes, at Tara Winthrop. Our state-of-the-art facility is designed to give residents the very best quality care in a welcoming and respectful environment.
As a long-term care provider, our highly experienced team offers a unique model of medical care that specialises in complex medical conditions. Our high staff-to-resident ratio means we can offer a range of medical procedures and therapies in-house, that are not possible in other settings.
You can check Tara Winthrop website for more information: www.tara-winthrop.com
Tara Winthrop includes 148 beds over five distinct suites, each catering to a range of residential needs.
• Lambay Suite is for those under age 75 with chronic neurological conditions.
• Columba Suite and Iona Suite are dedicated to the nursing and palliative care needs of residents with chronic long-term conditions.
• Erris Suite is for frail elderly residents over 65 years, with chronic long-term illnesses from low to high dependency care needs.
• Shenick Suite caters for residents over 65 years with specific care requirements around chronic mental health and severe cognitive impairment.
Our clinic ensures residents have access to everything they need to live comfortable, active lives. Residents can take advantage of:
• Hairdressing salon
• Massage therapy
• Hydrotherapy pool
• Physiotherapy rooms
• Personal laundry service
• Newspapers delivered daily to rooms on request
• Ambulance/ mini bus service to take residents to outside activities or medical appointments
• Visiting clergy
• Mass celebrated live and streamed to all rooms weekly
Residents at Tara Winthrop are encouraged to live life with meaning and to take advantage of the wide range activities on offer.
Everyday tasks, such as cooking and gardening help residents relax into comfortable daily rhythms.
We also offer a diverse selection of organised events, such as dancing, musical afternoons, drama and arts and crafts.
Pet therapy is also proving a hugely popular diversion.
At Tara Winthrop, we believe in a holistic approach to elder care that centres on our resident and their individual needs. We apply a multi-disciplinary approach to every care plan, working closely with our internal team of nurses, doctors, assistants and complementary therapists as well as GPs and hospital consultants.
Residents are encouraged to contribute to the care plan if they choose and are always advised of a regular review. We welcome input from a resident’s family and close advocates, to ensure our treatment plan respects our resident’s wishes.
Our residents’ spiritual needs matter to us and for many, the regular rhythms of daily life are also a great comfort. We ensure regular visits from local members of the clergy and we celebrate weekly Mass services onsite, which are delivered to rooms for residents who cannot attend.
We are located in Nevinstown, in the parish of Swords in County Dublin.