Last Updated: 31/03/2020
At Grace Healthcare the dignity, comfort and care of our residents are at the heart of our philosophy.
Candidates must be highly motivated and interested in working in Care of the Elderly.
Successful candidates will ensure that the highest standards of person-centred care is delivered.
Eligibility Criteria / Qualifications:
- Must have HACCP training or other relevant qualification
- Current and valid Manual Handling, Infection Control, Chemical Awareness, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
- All successful candidates will be Garda Vetted
- Able to provide 2 written references
- Must have fluent level of English both written and oral
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- General kitchen and dining room duties including washing up, setting up and clearing away equipment and tables
- Assisting the chef in the preparation of meals if required such as: chopping vegetables, peeling potatoes, making tea/coffee etc.
- Cleaning of the kitchen surrounds and equipment to include all work surfaces, dining furniture, floors and walls
- The transferring of meals/drinks to the dining room or residents room as requested
- Following the kitchen-cleaning schedule as prepared by the Director of Nursing and the chef.
- Completion of necessary paperwork
- Ensuring stock rooms are clean and tidy at all times
- Receiving and checking all deliveries as requested
- Attending all training sessions as set out by the Director of Nursing
- Undertaking the Health & Safety responsibilities which fall within your role and the personal Health & Safety responsibilities within the Nursing Home
- Shifts are rostered Monday to Sunday
An attractive remuneration package is available for the right candidate.
- Dublin Northside - Nephin / Oakwood Lodge
- Dublin Southside - St Glady’s / Terenure