Last Updated: 31/03/2020
At Grace Healthcare the dignity, comfort and care of our residents are at the heart of our philosophy.
Candidates must be highly motivated and interested in working in Care of the Elderly.
Successful candidates will ensure that the highest standards of person-centred care is delivered.
Eligibility Criteria / Qualifications:
- Current & valid Manual Handling, Infection Control, Chemical Awareness, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
- Previous working experience within a residential care home setting is desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail and high cleaning standards
- Provide 2 written references
- Fluent level of English both written and oral
- All successful candidates will be Garda Vetted
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain all areas in the Nursing Home to a high standard of cleanliness, tidiness & hygiene.
- Carry out assigned housekeeping duties including cleaning, dusting, vacuuming , polishing and moping of equipment, furnishing, crockery, cutlery, kitchen appliances, toilets, bathrooms, bedrooms, living areas, windows and refuse disposal areas.
- Domestic and hazardous waste disposal; ensure bins are collected, cleaned and kept in a hygienic manner at all times.
- Cleaning of spillages as they occur and proper use of safety signs.
- Adhere to infection control policies and procedures and keep up to-date on best practices.
- Report and record any observed defects on the premises and grounds, equipment or other problems that may affect the general standard of service.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
- Support and assist other staff members in promoting a cheerful, pleasant and homelike environment and demonstrate a friendly attitude towards residents.
- Assist and support the management team during internal and external audits/inspections.
- Must be available to work various days and weekend shifts on a fulltime basis.
An attractive remuneration package is available for the right candidate.
- Dublin Northside - Nephin / Oakwood Lodge
- Dublin Southside - St Glady’s / Terenure