Last Updated: 31/03/2020
At Grace Healthcare the dignity, comfort and care of our residents are at the heart of our philosophy.
Candidates must be highly motivated and interested in working in Care of the Elderly.
Successful candidates will ensure that the highest standards of person-centred care is delivered.
Eligibility Criteria / Qualifications:
- Current & valid Manual Handling, Infection Control, Chemical Awareness, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
- Previous working experience within a residential care home setting is desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail and high cleaning standards
- Provide 2 written references
- Fluent level of English both written and oral
- All successful candidates will be Garda Vetted
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain all areas in the Nursing Home to a high standard of cleanliness, tidiness & hygiene.
- Carry out assigned housekeeping duties including cleaning, dusting, vacuuming , polishing and moping of equipment, furnishing, crockery, cutlery, kitchen appliances, toilets, bathrooms, bedrooms, living areas, windows and refuse disposal areas.
- Domestic and hazardous waste disposal; ensure bins are collected, cleaned and kept in a hygienic manner at all times.
- Cleaning of spillages as they occur and proper use of safety signs.
- Adhere to infection control policies and procedures and keep up to-date on best practices.
- Report and record any observed defects on the premises and grounds, equipment or other problems that may affect the general standard of service.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
- Support and assist other staff members in promoting a cheerful, pleasant and homelike environment and demonstrate a friendly attitude towards residents.
- Assist and support the management team during internal and external audits/inspections.
- Must be available to work various days and weekend shifts on a fulltime basis.
An attractive remuneration package is available for the right candidate.
The many benefits of working for Grace Healthcare
You will have access to:
- Employee Assistance Program.
- PRSA Pension Fund.
- Substantial Pharmacy Staff Discount.
- Cycle to Work Scheme. Bus and Rail TaxSaver Tickets.
- Mobile access to rosters on-line.
- Rosters issued in advance.
- Availability to swaps: Creating a flexible work environment.
- Roles on offer include part-time & full-time.
- Opportunities to progress your career. Financial Support for career training and developement.
- Monthly Staff Newsletter.
Our comprehensive benefits package means we offer more than just the competitive rates of pay.
- Competitive Rates of Pay / Sick Leave Scheme.
- Free Uniform.
- Monthly Staff Newsletter.
- Paid Induction Training and In-House Mandatory Training.
- Access to Online Education Platform.
- Access to Convenient Mobile App to accept extra shifts across the Group.
- Career Progression Opportunities.
- Incentive Bonus for introducing new staff of €500 (T&C's apply).
We have a diverse, multicultural, professional workforce, who have a strong commitment to the health and wellbeing of our residents.
Grace Healthcare Nursing Homes:
- Dublin North -
Nephin Nursing Home, 132-134 Navan Rd, Ashtown, Cabra, Co. Dublin, D07 X294
Oakwood Lodge Nursing Home, Kilreesk Rd, Skephubble, St Margaret's, Co. Dublin, K67CX23
Tara Winthrop Private Clinic, Nevinstown Lane, Pinnock Hill , Swords, K67 HH57
- Dublin South/West -
St Glady’s Nursing Home, 53 Kimmage Rd Lower, Harold's Cross, Dublin 6W, Co. Dublin, D6W C566
Terenure Nursing Home, 122 Terenure Rd W, Terenure, Dublin, D6W PW58
Glenaulin Nursing Home, Lucan Road, Chapelizod, Dublin 20
- Monaghan -
Castleross Nursing Home, Tullyvaragh Upper, Tullyvaragh, Co. Monaghan, A81 X242
- Cavan -
College View Nursing Home, Clones Road, Cavan, H12 ER27
Bishopscourt Residential Care, Liskillea, Waterfall, Co Cork, T12RVOP