Last Updated: 31/03/2020
Grace Healthcare are currently recruiting for an Activities Coordinator for Glenaulin Nursing Home, Chapelizod, Dublin. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a progressive environment and further your career and training in the healthcare field.
Candidates must be highly motivated and interested in working in care of the elderly. All successful candidates must ensure that the highest standards of person centered care is delivered.
Shifts are rostered Monday-Sunday.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arts and crafts, sports, games, music, dramatics, social recreation, hobbies and sensory stimulation taking into account the needs and interests of individual members.
- Visiting individual patients in their rooms.
- Enforce rules and regulations of recreational facilities in order to maintain discipline and ensure safety.
- Ascertain and interpret group interests, evaluate equipment and facilities, and adapt activities to meet participant needs.
- Greet new arrivals to activities, introducing them to other participants, explaining facility rules, and encouraging their participation.
- Explain principles, techniques, and safety procedures to participants in recreational activities, and demonstrate use of materials and equipment.
- Inform Staff Nurse if client appears unwell at activities.
- Enlist help of Care Assistants to re-position patients where required.
- Report and record any accident or incident.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must have FETAC Level 5 or other relevant qualification
- All successful candidates will be Garda vetted
- Good knowledge of HIQA Standards
- Must have fluent level of English, both written and oral
- Permitted to work in Ireland
- Relevant Experience
The many benefits of working for Grace Healthcare - You will have access to:
- Employee Assistance Program
- PRSA Pension Fund
- Substantial Pharmacy Staff Discount
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Mobile access to rosters on-line
- Rosters issued in advance
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Monthly Staff Newsletter
Our comprehensive benefits package means we offer more than just the competitive rates of pay.
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Free Uniform
- Free Nutritious Meals on Duty
- Paid Induction Training and In-House Mandatory Training
- Access to Online Education Platform
- Incentive Bonus for introducing new staff of €500 (T&C's apply)
We have a diverse, multicultural, professional workforce, who have a strong commitment to the health and wellbeing of our residents.