Last Updated: 31/03/2020
At Grace Healthcare our resident's, their needs, care and comfort are our focus as a team. Nutrient, diet and health are an essential part of our service. We are seeking the recruitment of a Chef who values our commitment, ensuring our Residents are our primary goal in relation to their health, and well-being.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate. Our qualified Chef will work closely with our Executive Chef and the team to achieve the highest standards of culinary cooking for our Residents.
Experience of Food Preparation:
- Complete Knowledge of food allergens
- Compliance with the EHO regulations
- Baking skills and cooking skills
- Managing the food costs
- Awareness and experience in regard to HIQA requirements
- Awareness of H&S Risks
- Engage and develop with the Group Executive Chef, for improving the quality of food and dining experience.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Minimum City & Guilds 706 - 1 & 2, or equivalent
- Minimum two years experience (Preferably Nursing home setting)
- Manual Handling
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Team player
- Can use own initiative
- Excellent presentation and culinary skills
- Location: See Below
- Shift work required 7am - 7pm full time 7/4 shifts per fortnight.
- Salary: D.O.E
The many benefits of working for Grace Healthcare
You will have access to:
- Employee Assistance Program.
- PRSA Pension Fund.
- Substantial Pharmacy Staff Discount.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Mobile access to rosters on-line.
- Rosters issued in advance.
- Availability to swaps: Creating a flexible work environment.
- Roles on offer include part-time & full-time.
- Opportunities to progress your career.
- Monthly Staff Newsletter.
Our comprehensive benefits package means we offer more than just the competitive rates of pay.
- Competitive Rates of Pay.
- Free Uniform.
- Free Nutritious Meals on Duty.
- Paid Induction Training and In-House Mandatory Training.
- Access to Online Education Platform.
- Access to Convenient Mobile App to accept extra shifts across the Group.
- Career Progression Opportunities.
- Incentive Bonus for introducing new staff of €500 (T&C's apply).
- Monthly Staff Newsletter.
We have a diverse, multicultural, professional workforce, who have a strong commitment to the health and wellbeing of our residents.
Grace Healthcare Nursing Homes:
- Dublin Northside -
Nephin Nursing Home, 132-134 Navan Rd, Ashtown, Cabra, Co. Dublin, D07 X294
Oakwood Lodge Nursing Home, Kilreesk Rd, Skephubble, St Margaret's, Co. Dublin, K67CX23
Tara Winthrop Nursing Home, Nevinstown Lane, Pinnock Hill , Swords, K67 HH57
- Dublin Southside -
St Glady’s Nursing Home, 53 Kimmage Rd Lower, Harold's Cross, Dublin 6W, Co. Dublin, D6W C566
Terenure Nursing Home, 122 Terenure Rd W, Terenure, Dublin, D6W PW58
- Monaghan -
Castleross Nursing Home, Tullyvaragh Upper, Tullyvaragh, Co. Monaghan, A81 X242
- Cavan -
College View Nursing Home, Clones Road, Cavan, H12 ER27