Last Updated: 31/03/2020
At Grace Healthcare our residents and their needs, care and comfort are our focus as a team. Nutrition, Diet and Health are an essential part of our service. We are seeking the recruitment of a Chef who values our commitment, by ensuring our Residents are our primary goal in relation to their health and well-being.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate. Our qualified Chef will work closely with our Executive Chef and the team to achieve the highest standards of culinary cooking for our Residents. You will be required to assume responsibility for all kitchen and catering operations, including ordering and effective rostering of kitchen staff and the management and supervision of the catering service in accordance with current legislation, policies and procedures.
Reporting to Director of Nursing of the Home and Group Executive Chef
- Adhere to all current HACCP Regulations (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- Adhere to First Aid, Hygiene, Health & Safety rules, COSHH Regulations at all times
- Planning and costing of menus to meet the dietary requirements and requests of residents within allocated financial resources.
- Ensures food is prepared and cooked in accordance with current food hygiene regulations and guidelines.
- Ensures the standard of hygiene in the kitchen meets all Health and Safety Regulations and records are maintained to demonstrate this.
- Ensures all equipment is operated, maintained and serviced as per manufacturer’s instructions and Health and Safety requirements/recommendations.
- Ensures risk assessments are conducted and adequate records retrained and reviewed at regular intervals.
- Ensure all cleaning materials and substances used in the kitchen are handled and stored in accordance with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health requirements.
- Participate in the induction monitoring, supervision and appraisal of catering staff.
- Ensures that catering staff adhere to all legislative guidelines/requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Maintains adequate records for purchasing and stock control.
- Provides a high standard of catering to meet the needs of residents and staff.
- Ability to cater for specific dietary requirements
- City & Guilds 706 - 1 & 2, or equivalent (achieved or working towards)
- Previous experience in a nursing home/clinical setting of 2 years
- Hygiene Certificate (H.A.C.C.P. certification 1 & 2)
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, reading and writing in the English language.
- Ability to communicate with residents, families, management and suppliers
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to be flexible in rota
- Garda Vetting clearance required through Grace Healthcare in line with HIQA requirements
- Intermediate Food / Hygiene Certificate
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience of Food Preparation