Client Liaison Officer
Last Updated: 31/03/2020
At Grace Healthcare we celebrate life, we also want to ensure the people we care for do too. There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to aged care. All our residents are treated as individuals, which means their services and support are designed to suit them. We offer comprehensive nursing care for those living with dementia, older people in need of support, or for those looking for respite or convalescent care. Our multi-disciplinary care team includes doctors, nurse prescribers, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, dietitians, social workers and members of the spiritual and religious care community.
We are currently seeking a “Client Liaison Officer” who will extend excellent communication and clear guidance to our families and residents. The Client Liaison Officer will ensure they feel secure, informed and content in their decision to be part of our family “Grace Healthcare”
- Facilitating the communications process for families and relatives who wish to access our Grace Healthcare Homes.
- Guidance and advice on the Fair Deal process.
- Advocating for patients in our homes, this function is carried out through communication, negotiation and representation of the resident's values and decisions in collaboration with the team in our homes.
- Undertaking resident opinion surveys.
- Involvement with the Grace Healthcare Complaints Procedure and in particular liaising with the Complaints Manger in respect of issues so they can be resolved promptly at local level.
- Assist the Director of Nursing with the Bed Management requirements and functions across the homes.
- Prepare and distribute work detailed monthly, quarterly and yearly as per the Chief Operations Director.
- Provide required information and documents to residents and families.
- Prepare reports of scheduled meetings between the team of Grace Healthcare and Families/Residents to record the details for future reference.
- Submit Resident/Family meetings reports to Management.
- Provide support and assistance to other management teams.
- Audit all Resident liaison active accounts.
- Revise submission and accounts closure applications.
- Application, log and updating of Medical card applications for Residents.
- Develop liaison with HSE/Social workers and GP's and the team of Grace Healthcare to provide required information and acquire necessary documents.
- Prepare, revise and distribute contracts to Residents/Families.
- Liaise with In-house Accounts department
- Provide feedback to management on areas of improvements.
- Recommend implementation of enhanced processes.
- Plan and schedule monthly meetings with clients.
- Monitor Resident/Family satisfaction through follow up on solving client issues and problems.
- Collaborate with clients to identify and implement value added services.
- Ad hoc Reception/Administrative duties.
- Meet and Greet Visitors and Families to our homes.
- Minimum two years in a similar role (Preferred but not essential)
- Excellent communicator and Listener
- Adaptable to different environments and situations
- Attention to detail
- Flexible in work
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Knowledge of HIQA and awareness of Safeguarding
- Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Fulltime position Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm
- Will be required to travel between homes as required.
- Own transport Required
- Location Swords, Co. Dublin
- Dublin Northside - Tara Winthrop
- Cavan - College View Nursing Home